Outside Content Creators
| WORK IN PROGRESS
|| This article is being worked on stop being a lazy shit and contribute.
While not as large as Reddit or as infamous as 4chan, Facepunch has a large enough user base that outside content creators have noted its existence and created accounts to communicate with their followers on the forum, whether it be addressing complaints or thanking them for their support.
- 1 Games Industry
- 2 YouTube
- 3 Twitch
- 4 References
Running With Scissors
The announcement that Running With Scissors updated the Steam version of Postal 2 for the first time in 10 years was received positively on the forum, and after searching for fan reactions to the announcement, a few developers joined to interact with the fans.
Following later interactions, user Marphy Black received the opportunity to work for the company.
Toploader is a Gold Member, and a Project Manager at Running With Scissors, as his title would indicate.
He joined the forum after discovering the thread discussing the Postal 2 update.
I was Googlin' around for reactions and news regarding the patch, and landed on this one. Totally made my day.
Thanks all!—Toploader, Sensationalist Headlines - "Postal 2 Receives Update--wait WHAT"
The following day, in General Games Discussion, he created the first Postal series megathread. The most active of the three, he would occasionally answer questions and, at least on one occasion, has given keys away.
mikejaret is a Gold Member, and a VP of Business Development of Running With Scissors.
He also joined the forum after discovering the thread, thanking everyone for their support.
Hey alls, thanks for the shout outs, it was a blast creating all these achievements for you guys....glad you got the references, and NO they aren't a bunch of Reddit memes.....but there is a couple!—mikejaret, Sensationalist Headlines - "Postal 2 Receives Update--wait WHAT"
In early 2014, several Facepunchers would partake in Quality Assurance testing, with a successful megapatch released in early February, and all those who joined would be honored by the inclusion of some 20 or so pictures of those that helped on the wall of the bathroom to Mike J's office (all being part of Mike J's Super Friendship Club), which included postal, resulting in his ass being put in the game.
VinceDesi is a Blue Member, and the CEO of Running With Scissors.
The least active of the three, Vince popped on for a single day, the 16th of December, 2013, to thank the fans for their continued support.
Just wanna say Merry Christmas to all our old and new fans here, and a special thanks to all the folks at RWS for believing in what I started over 15 years ago-Games should be played for fun!—VinceDesi, Sensationalist Headlines - "Postal 2 Receives Update--wait WHAT"
Cakebread is a Blue Member, and the head of Galactic Cafe.
Most well-known for his mod (and later standalone remake) The Stanley Parable, he added several minor references to the forum in the HD Remix, including a cheat code that replaces all the brush textures with the Facepunch logo.
Formerly known as the Black Mesa Development Team, they are the fan-built team working on the Source remake of the original Half-Life, Black Mesa (originally Black Mesa: Source). With Facepunch holding many fans of Valve's products, Black Mesa was bound to have its followers from its very start in 2004.
TextFAMGUY1 is a Blue Member, and a developer and mapper for Black Mesa.
He can be found posting in the Black Mesa Megathread located in Valve Games Discussion.
From Half-Life to Counter-Strike, from Team Fortress 2 to Left 4 Dead, from Portal to Dota 2, from GoldSrc to Source, Valve Software is well recognized name in the hearts of gamers online, especially on the PC side. With Garry's Mod starting out as a mod of Half-Life 2 before becoming its own standalone product, it is no surprise that Valve employees have kept a close eye on the forum.
PersonGuy is a Gold Member, and an employee at Valve.
vJill is a Blue Member, and an employee at Valve. As part of the team currently working on Team Fortress 2, Jill has mainly been found in threads pertaining the game.
He has most infamously posted about the next update being "neato" and "cool beans" (referring to the Meet Your Match update that would come out about a month later, with the latter referring to literal cool beans found on the update's page).
Das Bo Schitt
|Das Bo Schitt|
Das Bo Schitt is a Blue Member, well renowned for his YouTube channel of the same name, where he has created many classic GMod animations, or Machinima, such as "The GMod Idiot Box" series.
Dr. Hax, who appeared in the aforementioned series, was for a time a popular meme on the forum, before being disowned due to the shift away from "random humor" among the wider forum. Das Bo Schitt himself, however, is still appreciated and remembered of fondly. He hasn't used his account in years, though for incredibly understandable reasons.
spike_wess is a Gold Member, and creator of the Sass Patrol, as well as one half of the Spike and Barley Play duo.
Yungtown is a Blue Member, and a founding member of Hidden Block. He registered after accidentally releasing the Hidden Block announcement video too early. brutalmoose confirmed that he was indeed the real Yungtown, albeit mentioning that no one should tell him anything "unless you want the world to know."
Unlike brutalmoose however, he hasn't used his account much since 2014, though he was appreciative of someone deeming him worthy enough to make a megathread on.
He was compelled to join the forum in the summer of 2013, as to clear up some details. After answering some questions and just generally interacting with those on the forum, folks appreciated the genuineness of his comments and responses, and thus quickly grew to like and appreciate him. The thread he posted it would become somewhat of a megathread, lasting into the middle of autumn. He hasn't posted since then. He gave Facepunch at the time an 8/10.
KerryStagmer is a Blue Member, and one of the chief members of Baltimore Knife & Sword, which hosts Man at Arms: Reforged on AWE me's YouTube channel.
He first appeared in September of 2014, where he explained some behind the scenes stuff and answered some questions. Despite his recent account, he apparently checks in on the forums off and on, having chatted with garry on IRC before he created Garry's Mod. He hasn't posted since Spring of 2016, though for understandable reasons.
While appreciated nowadays, when he was making in mapping tutorials in the late noughties and early tensies, he was reviled at the Mapping forum section. The simple tutorials, while fine for basic maps and beginners, led to many inexperienced mappers flooding the forum, having sponged up the basics and leaving to create terribly optimized maps, which he was subsequently blamed for. He would join the forum to defend himself against the flak thrown his way, whilst continuing on his quest to encourage folks to make concise and understandable tutorials. He hasn't posted for years now.
Guru Larry is a Blue Member. He is well recognized for his YouTube channel of the same name, where he makes a variety of videos on topics relating to gaming, most popular being his Fact Hunt videos.
Whenever Larry's videos were posted on Facepunch, there was some repetition when it came to the responses, such as the pacing of his videos, which some criticized, among any info that his videos may either not have included, or erroneously included. He joined to address the comments made, to a positive reception. While he hasn't made many posts, he has mentioned that he's been lurking.
freddiew is a Blue Member. He is a producer of high quality short films, and has achieved fame through publishing his works on YouTube.
Despite the account's age, it remained dormant until Early September of 2014, when the account was confirmed to be genuinely that of Freddie Wong rather than that of an impersonator through his prediction of a Twitter message he would later post. He would go on to interact with users in threads relating to the then-upcoming 3rd Season of Video Game High School.
STiP0 is a Blue Member. He is well known for his YouTube channel of the same name, where he makes a variety of videos on the Dead Rising video game series, especially on the original Dead Rising's various forms during development.
He originally joined to interact with users after one of his videos was posted, but has largely remained an inactive poster since.
TehSnakerer is a Blue Member. He is known for his YouTube channel of the same name, where he does in depth reviews of video games, some even lasting as long as an hour.
After being mentioned in a thread called "Lesser Known YouTubers You Love", he joined to thank the user for mentioning him before recommending lesser known YouTubers he loved, both in video form (which he uploaded nearly a year prior at the time of posting) and those he discovered after making said video.
Noodle is a Blue Member. He is known for his YouTube channel of roughly the same name, where he generally does animations.
After one of his videos, discussing eurobeat and his love of the music genre, was posted to the forum, he joined to find fellow connoisseurs sharing their thoughts on the genre, even sparking a minor debate among men of culture, as he dubbed them. Their copious amounts of recommendations would just add to Noodle's own personal eurobeat collection.
KEEMSTAR is a Blue Member. He is the host of one of the more infamous video series on YouTube, the internet drama-based Drama Alert.
Unlike many of the other examples on this page, he didn't join for the purpose of interacting with those who watch him; in fact, he doesn't really have a following on the forums at all, not being someone folks particularly enjoy. Instead, he joined because of Rust, of all things. He didn't partake in discussion much, though he did complain about the Rust Dynasty group that had raided him. He would send his fans after user geogzm, who wasn't awake when the raid occurred. Keemstar did respond in the thread, to negative reception.
The Vinesauce livestreaming group, consisting of nearly a dozen or so streamers, has had a fanbase on the forum going as far back as mid-2012. With the first proper megathread created in October of 2013, at some point members of the group would've come to make a comment or just say hello.
He has popped up thrice on the forums, thanking Helix Snake for his help on Skate 3, to explain a tweet of his regarding Red Vox, and answer a question regarding his private life. He has thanked the community for their continued support.
Joel is a Blue Member, and one of the more popular members of the Vinesauce livestreaming group. He has two accounts; vargskelethor and Joelskellie; possibly having forgotten the password for the former.
He has popped in every so often, either to thank the community for their continued support or to answer a question or two. He assured everyone that things were being solved during the Towel fiasco, and even gave a video preview for one of the songs on the first Scythelord album, Toxic Minds. He'd shout out the resident Vinesauce thread during one of his Dwarf Fortress streams in early April of 2018.
- Sensationalist Headlines - Postal 2 Receives Update--wait WHAT: https://facepunch.com/threads/1333647
- Sensationalist Headlines - "Postal 2 Receives Update--wait WHAT" (post #97): https://facepunch.com/threads/1333647?p=43182373#post43182373
- General Games Discussion - POSTAL Megathread: Let's piss on everything and blow their heads off v1: https://facepunch.com/threads/1334150
- Sensationalist Headlines - "Postal 2 Receives Update--wait WHAT" (post #125): https://facepunch.com/threads/1333647?p=43185879#post43185879
- Sensationalist Headlines - Postal 2 devs recruit facepunchers for QA testing, release another megapatch, and succesfully add 100% more postal to Postal 2: https://facepunch.com/threads/1360901
- Sensationalist Headlines - "Postal 2 Receives Update--wait WHAT" (post #342): https://facepunch.com/threads/1333647?p=43197911#post43197911
- Team Fortress 2/Valve Games Discussion - "Major Update Speculation V31: Gamechanging Edition" (post #4792): https://facepunch.com/threads/1508954?p=50494059#post50494059
- Team Fortress 2/Valve Games Discussion - "Major Update Speculation XXXII - Like General Chat, but at least twice as neato" (post #615): https://facepunch.com/threads/1522469?p=50557233#post50557233
- Team Fortress 2 - WAR! (
MeetMeat Your Match: Day 2) [external link]: http://www.teamfortress.com/meetyourmatch/war.php
- YouTube - DasBoSchitt (Channel) [external link]: https://www.youtube.com/user/DasBoSchitt/
- YouTube - brutalmoose (Channel) [external link]: http://www.youtube.com/brutalmoose
- Videos And Flash Movies and That Kind Of Crap - BrutalMoose, a not so well known video game reviewer.: https://facepunch.com/threads/1191684
- Hidden Block [external link]: http://hiddenblock.com/
- Videos And Flash Movies and That Kind Of Crap - "BrutalMoose, a not so well known video game reviewer." (post #2534): https://facepunch.com/threads/1191684?p=39660090#post39660090
- Videos And Flash Movies and That Kind Of Crap - "BrutalMoose, a not so well known video game reviewer." (post #2555): https://facepunch.com/threads/1191684?p=39664361#post39664361
- YouTube - yungtown (Channel) [external link]: http://www.youtube.com/yungtown
- Videos And Flash Movies and That Kind Of Crap - "Yungtown, the Videogame Rap Guy" (post #4): https://facepunch.com/threads/1191684?p=39852097#post39852097
- YouTube - TheReportOfTheWeek (Channel) [external link]: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheReportOfTheWeek
- Videos And Flash Movies and That Kind Of Crap - "kid reviews dominos pan pizza" (post #93): https://facepunch.com/threads/1276082?p=41065614#post41065614
- Videos And Flash Movies and That Kind Of Crap - "kid reviews dominos pan pizza" (post #176): https://facepunch.com/threads/1276082?p=41086428#post41086428
- YouTube - AWE me (Channel) [external link]: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNKcMBYP_-18FLgk4BYGtfw
- Videos And Flash Movies and That Kind Of Crap - "MAN AT ARMS: REFORGED - Iron Man's Sword" (post #11): https://facepunch.com/threads/1426322?p=46054118#post46054118
- Videos And Flash Movies and That Kind Of Crap - "MAN AT ARMS: REFORGED - Iron Man's Sword" (post #13): https://facepunch.com/threads/1426322?p=46054185#post46054185
- YouTube - TheReportOfTheWeek (Channel) [external link]: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmu9PVIZBk-ZCi-Sk2F2utA
- Videos And Flash Movies and That Kind Of Crap - "The history of 3kliksphilip" (post #5): https://facepunch.com/threads/1531767?p=50930586#post50930586
- Videos And Flash Movies and That Kind Of Crap - "CS:GO Hitboxes to Terrorist Models Compared [3kliksphilip]" (post #13): https://facepunch.com/threads/1577294?p=52641102#post52641102
- Mapping/Level Design - Tutorial Series: https://forum.facepunch.com/f/mapping/rhdf
- YouTube - Larry Bundy Jr (Channel) [external link]: https://www.youtube.com/user/LarryBundyJr/
- Videos And Flash Movies and That Kind Of Crap - "5 Games Consoles Literally Rotting Away | Fact Hunt" (post #29): https://facepunch.com/threads/1549604?p=51710849#post51710849
- Videos And Flash Movies and That Kind Of Crap - "5 Games Consoles Literally Rotting Away | Fact Hunt" (post #36): https://facepunch.com/threads/1549604?p=51710987#post51710987
- YouTube - RocketJump (Channel) [external link]: http://www.youtube.com/user/freddiew/
- Videos And Flash Movies and That Kind Of Crap - "VGHS Season 3 Trailer" (post #47): https://facepunch.com/threads/1422361?p=45896246#post45896246
- Twitter - Freddie Wong (Tweet) [external link]: https://twitter.com/fwong/status/507771928451350528
- YouTube - STiP0 (Channel) [external link]: https://www.youtube.com/c/STiP0
- YouTube - Tehsnakerer (Channel) [external link]: https://www.youtube.com/user/Tehsnakerer
- YouTube - Noodle (Channel) [external link]: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj74rJ9Lgl3WTngq675wxKg
- Rust General Discussion - KillerKEEMSTAR is Terrible: https://forum.facepunch.com/f/rust/dzqn/KillerKEEMSTAR-is-Terrible/
- Rust General Discussion - "KillerKEEMSTAR is Terrible" (post #136): https://forum.facepunch.com/f/rust/dzqn/KillerKEEMSTAR-is-Terrible/5/#postmfog
- Rust General Discussion - So few players : https://forum.facepunch.com/f/rust/eapt/So-few-players/
- Videos And Flash Movies and That Kind Of Crap - [Vinesauce] Joel - No Luca No: https://facepunch.com/threads/1197414
- Videos And Flash Movies and That Kind Of Crap - Vinesauce Thread: https://facepunch.com/threads/1319833
- Twitch - Vinesauce [external link]: https://www.twitch.tv/vinesauce
- YouTube - Vinesauce (Channel) [external link]: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzORJV8l3FWY4cFO8ot-F2w
- Twitch - Vargskelethor [external link]: https://www.twitch.tv/vargskelethor/
- YouTube - Vargskelethor Joel (Channel) [external link]: https://www.youtube.com/user/exinthevatican
- Videos And Flash Movies and That Kind Of Crap - "Vinesauce Thread" (post #4684): https://facepunch.com/threads/1319833?p=51650090#post51650090
- Videos and That Kind Of Crap - "Vinesauce Thread V2: The Vinegang's All Here!" (post #1415): https://forum.facepunch.com/f/videos/bqqao/48/#postcvbdtj