| This article is a midget. Feed it and make it grow please.|
See Manual of Style for some general guidelines.
Computer Illiterate People Who Think They Know Things (commonly abbreviated as CIPWTTKT, and mentioned by some regulars as Sipwicket) is a long running thread series in the Hardware and Software forum section.
CIPWTTKT began in August of 2009, with user xZippy posing the question "What's the dumbest thing you've heard a computer illiterate person say?" From there on, it became a home to people posting funny stories about their co-workers, family and friends. Since then, it has been through many iterations, and when the thread eventually ran out of computer illiterate content, it became home to the Hardware & Software General Chat, having evolved into this over 8 or so versions (the full name being Computer Illiterate People Who Think They Know Things (& General Chat), abbreviated as CIPWTTKT&GC, and sometimes referred to as Sipwicket & Gamecube).
Whilst it was originally meant for posting obvious stories about people who can't use computers, it is now used to discuss hardware, debate over Windows 8 and Metro, laugh at Amiga OS getting banned, post whatever is going on in peoples lives, and just chat. It is quite a close community, with most posters being regulars.
The OP for CIPWTTKT was quite long, with rules by about 3 different people. However, a generally good idea to follow is
A simple guide to posting in CIPWTTKT&GC, by horsedrowner.
1. Does the content you want to post show computer illiteracy?
2. Is the content you want to post related to the topic at hand?
3. Do you want to start a new discussion, and is that discussion in some way related to Hardware & Software?
If you answered "yes" to one or more of the above questions, then go ahead and post.
If you answered "no" to all of the above questions, or if the content you want to post is against the rules, don't post.
- V1: Computer illiterate people that think they know things. by xZippy on 26th August, 2009
- V2: Computer illiterate people that think they know things V2 by Oktoberman! on 27th October, 2009
- V3: Computer illiterate people who think they know things [v3] by daijitsu on 28th January, 2010
- V4: Computer illiterate people who think they know things [V4] by PivotDJ on 7th May, 2010
- V5: Computer illiterate people who think they know things V5 = I FLICK PSU VOLTAGE SWITCH by Comrade General on 20th June, 2010
- V6: Computer illiterate people who think they know things V6 - My CPU is clocked to 11:00AM by codenamecueball on 3rd September, 2010
- V7: Computer illiterate people who think they know things V7 content: out of stock by [EG] Pepper on 8th November, 2010
- V8: Computer illiterate people who think they know things V8: Mandrith appreciation Station. by wingless on 28th December, 2010
- V9: Computer Illiterate People who think they know things v9: Windows is a Strawberry by LinuX on 7th February, 2011
- V10: CIPWTTKT v0x0A: content.rar is password-protected. by LinuX on 26th March, 2011
- V11: CIPWTTKT v11: content.rar is missing or corrupted. by LinuX on 28th April, 2011
- V12: CIPWTTKT&GC v0x0C (12): Fried eggs and RAM by wingless (JohnEdwards) on 19th May, 2011
- V13: CIPWTTKT&GC V0X0D (V13): COMIC SAAAAAAAAAANSSSS!!!!!!11111 EDITION by [EG] Pepper on 3rd June, 2011
- V14: CIPWTTKT&GC V0X0E (V14): Gman003 is our Lord and Savior by ManningQB18 on 19th June, 2011
- V15: CIPWTTKT&GC V0x0F (v15): Scoot and Deeps Drama Diaries by wingless on 5th July, 2011
- V16: Computer Illiterate People Who Think They Know Things&GC (V.16): Odellus Cock Rubbing Edition by Warship on 2nd January, 2012
- V17: CIPWTTKT&GC February 2012 - sudo cat /dev/urandom > content by horsedrowner on 1st February, 2012
- V18: CIPWTTKT&GC v0X12 (v18): Makol can't Computer Very Good by wingless on 1st March, 2012
- V19: CIPWTTKT&GC v0x13 (v19): Ivy Bridge Edition by wingless on 24th April, 2012
- V20: CIPWTTKT&GC v0x14 (v20): Turning it off and on all day every day by VistaPOWA on 12th July, 2012
- V21: CIPWTTKT&GC v 0x15 (v21): Thinkpads are Forever by lavacano on 12th October, 2012
- V22: CIPWTTKT&GC v 0x16 (v22): Killowatt's Mom Appreciation Station by Killowatt on 31st December, 2012
- V23: CIPWTTKT&GC v 0x17 (v23): Titan Edition by kaze4159 on 27th February, 2013
- V24: CIPWTTKT&GC v 0x18 (v24): Warship finds something edition by wingless on 3rd March, 2013
- V25: CIPWTTKT&GC v 0x19 (v25): Buttcoin Economy by TheTailor25 on 7th March, 2013
- V26: CIPWTTKT&GC v 0x1A (v26): Install Gentoo by wingless on 14th March, 2013
- V27: CIPWTTKT&GC v0x1B: It's pronounced "Sipwicket", apparently by gman003-main on 22nd March, 2013
- V28: CIPWTTKT&GC v0x1C: Grand Theft Gentoo by Leestons on 29th March, 2013
- V29: CIPWTTKT&GC v0x1D: Just about as useless as JPEGs to Helen Keller by Flarey on 5th April, 2013
- V30: CIPWTTKT&GC v0X1E (v30): Million dollar bitcoin heist edition by spinpoint F3 on 9th April, 2013
- V31: CIPWTTKT&GC v0x1F (v31): •ᴥ• by Ezhik on 14th April, 2013
- V32: CIPWTTKT&GC v0x20 (v32): Ikea Edition by kaze4159 on 21st April, 2013
- V33: CIPWTTKT&GC v0x21 (v33): Fuck Titles Edition by TonyTheBean on 27th April, 2013
- V34: CIPWTTKT&GC v 0x22 (v34): Bigger on the inside edition by Genericenemy on 13th January, 2015
- V35: CIPWTTKT&GC v 0x23 (v35): Crest Delivery Network by kaze4159 on 20th March, 2015
- V36: CIPWTTKT&GC v0x25 (v37): The Master of Soundblaster by Genericenemy on 13th July, 2015
- V37: CIPWTTKT v0x27: Halt and Catch Fire by kaze4159 on 2nd November, 2015
- V38: CIPWTTKT v0x28: What Would Linus Do? by Oicani Gonzales on 4th January, 2016
- V39: CIPWTTKT&GC v0x29 V39 - Low Bitrate Linux Distros by ~Kiwi~v2 on 22nd February, 2016
- V40: CIPWTTKT&GC V0x2A v40 - Windows 10 and Chill by chipsnapper2 on 29th May, 2016
- V41: CIPWTTKT&GC V41 - I understood some words by B!N4RY on 31st August, 2016
- V42: CIPWTTKT&GC V42 - title tba by PollytheParrot on 2nd December, 2016
- V43: CIPWTTKT&GC V43 - WHERE IS MY THINKPAD? by colincooke on 10th March, 2017
- V44: CIPWTTKT&GC V44 - Vega Appreciation Station by BackSapper on 6th July, 2017
- V45: CIPWTTKT&GC V45 - Intel APUs ruined everything by chipsnapper2 on 6th November, 2017
- V46: CIPWTTKT&GC 0x2E - Abort, Retry, Fail? by gman003-main on 16th June, 2018
- V47: CIPWTTKT&GC 0x2F - Ironic Thinkpad Memes by gman003-main on 31st July, 2018
- V48: CIPWTTKT&GC 0x30 - Racing to the thread post limit by gman003-main on 27th September, 2018